Monday, May 21, 2012

Project 14: Awesome Clutch!

I'm not going to steal the tutorial from the great woman who provided it to me. That would be wrong.
Instead, I'll just post my picture so you can see that I made one, and then I'll give you a link to see the tutorial for yourself!

Check out the instructions here, then be sure to visit her Etsy shop here to buy your clutch frames! (I found some frames at JoAnn's and other craft stores, but they were $7.99 each. With the Etsy shop, I ordered 4 frames for about $5 each, and they are much sleeker.

I also used E6000 glue for the clutches. It's not the recommended glue for them, but it worked!

This project is not all that time consuming, but it does require some different materials (interfacing, fusible fleece, the glue, etc. Dry time on the glue is usually 24 hours.

I want to practice a few more clutches, and then make one that is white with a white lace overlay and an aqua interior, for brides. I think it would be awesome.

Here is my clutch:



I love this fabric and thought it would be cute to go with a red, cream, or navy dress for the summertime, especially for any weddings. (I always think of clutches as wedding bags!) Anywho... I think this clutch took me about 2 hours because I was reading all the directions very intently. Is it perfect? Nope. But did I sell it for $30? Yep! I'll post a few more pictures after I make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment